In honor of Mother's Day, my siblings and I got together and made brunch for the family. This refreshing salad, with the peppery kick of arugula and lemon-mustard vinaigrette, was the perfect accompaniment to some of the richer dishes. It's quick, delicious and visually appealing.
|This colorful salad is perfect for a light lunch, or pair it with a quiche for your next brunch!|
- 1 (7 oz.) bag wild arugula
- 2 cups shelled edamame (I used Trader Joe's frozen edamame, defrosted)
- 2 cups white corn
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cilantro, chopped
Wash arugula, drain and pat dry. In large bowl, combine ingredients. Drizzle with lemon-mustard vinaigrette and toss lightly. Serve with a slice of quiche, frittata, or tea sandwiches. Voilà, brunch is served.
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- coarse sea salt, to taste
In small bowl, whisk together above ingredients. Drizzle a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette over salad and toss lightly, adding more if desired. Remaining dressing can be stored in an airtight glass container for 3-4 days.