Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chai Smoothie


I know it might not sound that appealing at first -I mean, who puts fruit in their chai? But as most of you know, most of my creations come from random combinations and aren't necessarily by the (cook)book. My experimentations in the kitchen have led to some delicious concoctions (and of course, a total flop once in a while!).

This morning, I had made too much chai and was about to pour a second cup when I saw the fruit staring at me saying, "eat me instead." It was definitely the healthier option for breakfast. I couldn't decide and I knew if I poured the tea, I would forgo the fruit once again...and then I remembered my handy immersion blender.

Voila, breakfast.

1/2 cup blackberries
1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup cardamom chai (unsweetened)
1/2 cup organic milk

Using immersion blender, blend for 1-2 minutes on slow. Pour into glass. Enjoy!

* you can replace the chai and/or milk with any of your favorites -almond milk, rice milk, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment