Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mom's Gobhi Paranthas

Okay, so technically I didn't make these. I did, however, stand over my mom's shoulder the entire time watching her prepare them. I had unexpectedly gone to my parents' home last weekend and my mother asked what I felt like eating. "Whatever is fine with me. Eggs?" She asked again, what I really wanted to eat. I normally don't ask her to make these because I feel like it's too much trouble, saving the request for special occasions... but she was insisting, so with a huge grin on my face, I asked, "do we have cauliflower?" She knew what I wanted. Gobhi paranthas -a type of stuffed, pan-fried flatbreads - are probably my favorite breakfast item.



Unlike the kinds you get at restaurants, mom hand cuts the cauliflower and other ingredients so you get big bites of flavor.

cauliflower, cilantro, ginger, cerranno peppers


A little patience is necessary for best results:

No comments:

Post a Comment